~ Dr. Minami and team at Sutter Place Dental Group want to ensure you that your health and safety is our highest priority. We have educated and trained our team over the past 2 months regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced our office protocols to ensure you the highest level of safety and health.~
As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the following safeguards against the spread of disease:
- Our office prescreens all patients for any degree of COIVD-19 symptoms and possible exposures prior to their arrival at our office for their appointments. Our front door sign has strict requisites for patients entering the office.
- Patient's temperatures will be taken by a touch-less thermometer at check in. Plexi glass barriers at the greeting and checkout counters will provide a safe barrier between staff and patients to ensure minimal contact. Waiting room chairs have been reduced to keep minimal patients encounters. Six feet markers are present at both counters.
- Prior entering the examining room, all surfaces in the operatory, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles, sinks and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Non-disposable items such as dental instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Disposable dental instruments and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
- All staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and mask. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We frequently clean and disinfect the lobby area and reception counter multiple times throughout the day, and are even more diligent today.
- All staff/team will also be screened. Any member that has any symptoms of a cold or flu are not permitted on the premises and are advised to stay at home for the safety of our patients and other team members.
In addition to our extended protocol for your safety and health, we are also offering these safeguards:
- Each staff member has been assigned to wipe down and disinfect all high traffic surfaces including the countertops at the lobby, coffee machine and all handles to doors on an hourly basis.
- All patients will rinse with 1.5% solution of hydrogen peroxide antimicrobial mouth rinse at the start of every patient visit.
- In our waiting area and in the operatories, we have installed a 4-stage HEPA certified air purifier that utilizes a True HEPA Filter with Antimicrobial Treatment to safely remove 99.995% of airborne particles including pollen, ragweed & other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores & cigarette smoke. The carbon filter removes odors and captures large airborne particles.
- Hand sanitizer is offered at our front desk, checkout counter, and in every treatment room.
- If you would like a mask, please ask someone at the front desk, and you will be given a mask to wear in the waiting room for your safety. You will not need the mask when you are being treated as your doctor and treatment team will be wearing their PPE which includes them wearing masks which will protect you.
What we require from our patients:
- If you are sick, running a fever, coughing or not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment and do not enter the office. We are happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge and we thank you for considering the health of others.
- If you are healthy and you come for your regular appointment, please arrive with a mask! Please use a tissue when coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water afterwards. Using hand sanitizer of 70% alcohol concentration is also acceptable for washing hands. We offer hand sanitizer at the front desk and in every operatory!
- If you have traveled to any areas outside of U.S. within two weeks of your scheduled appointment, please contact our office and reschedule. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html)
We are here to serve our patients, and our highest priority is to keep our community safe and healthy. We can assure you that the Sutter Place Dental Group is doing our part during this time, and having the proper dental treatment is one way to make your body healthier. Having untreated dental or oral infections in your mouth can negatively affect your immune system!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (415) 775-8705 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you
Sutter Place Dental Group